BBC iPlayer has some interesting content, such as The Traitors, Waterloo Road, Killing Eve, Superman & Lois, and Red Rose.
But there comes a time you cannot relate to any of the shows, or maybe you are done watching all the content that resonates with you. Hence you think about canceling the subscription.
The process of cancelation may be different for each device. Don’t worry; we will tackle all the information you need to successfully cancel BBC iPlayer subscription in New Zealand.
Canceling BBC iPlayer Subscription | The Dilemma
Canceling a BBC iPlayer subscription is straightforward, depending on your device. Every device has a different layout of settings to delete or unsubscribe from a service.
We will tackle most mainstream devices, so you are sorted to cancel the BBC iPlayer subscription in New Zealand.
Cancel BBC iPlayer Subscription in New Zealand
Follow these steps to cancel your BBC iPlayer Subscription in New Zealand:
- First, you need to sign in to your BBC iPlayer account.
- Now go to Settings and then to Personal Details.
- You will find the option, Delete your Account.
- Next, you will see Delete Account; click on it to proceed.
- When the next page loads, you will have successfully deleted your BBC iPlayer account in New Zealand.
Cancel BBC iPlayer Subscription Using Account
You can cancel the BBC iPlayer account using a web browser:
- First, go to the BBC iPlayer website using your phone/tablet.
- Next, you are required to log in using a username and password.
- Proceed to click on Setting, found at the bottom of the page.
- Now, click on Account.
- On the next page, you will see the Delete BBC iPlayer Account option.
- You will be asked to enter the username and password.
- As you click on Continue, you continue to delete the BBC iPlayer account.
Cancel BBC iPlayer Subscription from iOS
Follow these steps to cancel BBC iPlayer from your iOS device:
- Go to Settings on your iPad or iPhone.
- Now Launch your Apple profile by clicking on the icon with your username on it.
- On the profile page, go to Accounts. You will find it at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a list. Select BBC iPlayer from the list.
- Next, click on Delete BBC Account.
- As you land on the next page, it will prompt you to click on Cancel to confirm and cancel.
Cancel BBC iPlayer Subscription from Android
Access the BBC iPlayer application from your phone:
- On the profile icon, click on Settings.
- Now click on Account. It is below your username.
- On the next screen, you will see Deactivate Your Account.
- A message will pop up; click on Deactivate.
- The application will ask for a password for confirmation.
- Click on Deactivate to successfully unsubscribe.
I Don’t Remember My Password
We often forget the password and cannot figure it out even after multiple attempts. You don’t need to worry as long as you remember the password to your email. You will find the option Forgot my Password below the password box.
Check the option and enter your email address used to subscribe to the service. Once done, an email will reach your inbox any second. Follow the link sent to the email to continue to change the password.
Once you change the password, you can continue logging in on the BBC iPlayer application to unsubscribe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find BBC iPlayer Settings?
You will find the account setting in the main menu.
Is BBC iPlayer free streaming service?
Yes, BBC iPlayer, along with BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News, Radio One, and cBBC, are free in the United Kingdom.
Why does the application ask me to log in whenever I access the application?
You need to check the cookie settings on the device or browser. They may be switched off. Hence the application asks you to log in every time.
Do I need to get a BBC account to get iPlayer?
Yes, you would need a subscription to BBC to get the services like BBC iPlayer, BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News, Radio One, and cBBC.
Can I watch BBC iPlayer outside the UK?
No, you cannot watch BBC iPlayer outside the UK unless you change the IP address using VPN.
What are the subscription charges of BCC?
Subscription charges for BBC are 4.99 USD and 3.10 NZD per month.
BBC iPlayer has a unique content library. It gives you a pleasant change from your routine Netflix and HBO Max content. The great thing about the streaming service is it is free to watch if you are a resident of the UK.
This is where we impart some wisdom to you. If you use a reliable tool such as ExpressVPN, you can instantly tweak your IP address from New Zealand and get access to the unlimited content library of BBC iPlayer.
If you still proceed to cancel the subscription, we hope all the methods mentioned above were helpful to you. Remember, once you delete the account, you cannot retrieve the account. The protocol is placed to safeguard user data and information.
When you come back to get your BBC iPlayer account, you will have to create a new one. Hence make sure you unsubscribe after much deliberation.