With so many streaming services, it gets hard to pay for all subscriptions. Sometimes you need to drop an over-the-top platform like Hulu for the time being. Or, you may not be home for a long time due to your travels. , This guide will narrate in detail how to cancel Hulu subscription in New Zealand.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription
In order to cancel the Hulu subscription, we first have to get access to the OTT platform. You can do that using a reliable tool like ExpressVPN. Follow these steps to cancel the subscription successfully:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN service. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN due to its lightning-fast US servers, and download the app on your preferred streaming service.
- Initiate the VPN to connect to a US-based server.
- Now go to Hulu’s website or app.
- Log in with your account credentials.
- Click on your username. It will open a dropdown tab. Select “Account.“
- At the bottom, you’ll find “Cancel,” click on it.
- It will warn you of options of pausing or getting the bundle. Click “Continue to Cancel“.
- It will give some offers to keep you as an active subscriber. Proceed to select “No, Cancel Subscription” to cancel the Hulu subscription successfully.
Cancelling Hulu Subscription | the Dilemma
When trying to cancel the Hulu subscription, it’s likely you may get deviated by pausing or opting for a different bundle. They throw enticing offers that make you pause and contemplate your decision unless you travel, so the decision to cancel remains firm.
Moreover, cancelling a Hulu subscription is different for every device, such as a phone account, iOS, Roku, Amazon Firestick, or Android devices. Here is a simple way to cancel a Hulu subscription on various devices.
What Are the Steps to Cancel Hulu Subscription?
The steps to cancel a Hulu subscription are as follows:
- Go to your Hulu account. Click on the username on the top-right, which will collapse into a dropdown tab; from there, click “Account.”
- Click “Cancel.” You will find it at the end of the page.
- It will advise you on options of pausing or getting the Disney bundle.
- Proceed to “Continue to Cancel.”
The service will throw some offers to keep you hooked; select “No, Cancel Subscription” to cancel your Hulu subscription.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription From Account?
- Go to your Hulu account and click on profile; as it collapses into a dropdown, click “Account.”
- Proceed to click the “Cancel your subscription” button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, you will be asked the reason for cancellation for pausing the subscription. Click “Continue to cancel.”
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription From Roku?
- Go to “Home” on your Roku to access your Home screen.
- Click on the “Channel Store” menu.
- Click “Streaming Channels,” and look for Hulu in the list.
- Press the asterisk button (*) on your Roku remote, which will collapse into a dropdown tab.
- Select “Manage subscription,” then “Cancel subscription.”
- After selecting these confirmations, you’ll have finally canceled your Hulu subscription on Roku.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription From Phone?
- Go to the Hulu app or access it on your phone browser.
- Click on the profile icon, and select “Account.”
- Scroll down on the page to find “Cancel your subscription,” and click on it.
- The website will give you multiple prompts to indicate you to either pause or subscribe to the Disney+ bundle.
- Since you intend to cancel, proceed to “Continue to cancel.”
- Then it will prompt you to provide a reason for cancellation. Click “continue to cancel.”
- After this last click, you have successfully canceled the Hulu subscription from your phone.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription From Amazon?
Since Amazon Pay is used as a payment method for Hulu, here is how you can cancel your Hulu subscription using Amazon:
- First, go to Amazon.com and enter your credentials to log in.
- Next, click “Your Account” and choose “Your devices and Content“, then proceed to click on “Activity“.
- Now, click on “Manage App store subscriptions.”
- You will find a Hulu subscription in the list.
- Select Hulu; there, you will see the “Action” button.
- Next, choose “Turn Off Auto-renewal,” then “Membership & Subscriptions,” and choose Hulu.
- In the selection, you will find “Cancel Channel.”
- It gives you a confirmation message; click “confirm.”
- You have canceled your Hulu subscription from Amazon Pay.
How to Cancel Hulu Subscription From iOS And Android?
When unsubscribing, the Hulu app is slightly tricky to manage on iOS and Android. Follow these steps to unsubscribe from Hulu on your iOS device:
- Go to “Settings” and click on your Apple ID.
- Now, select “Subscriptions” and choose “Hulu Plus.”
- Select “Cancel your subscription” and click “Confirm” on the confirm cancellation pop-up.
- You have successfully canceled your Hulu subscription from iOS.
Steps to unsubscribe from Hulu from Android:
- Go to the Hulu app
- Click on the profile icon. You can see it in the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Scroll down the account page till you see “Cancel your subscription“.
- Click “Cancel“
- The website will offer you to pause the subscription or show offers for the Disney+ bundle. Since we are adamant about canceling, click “Continue to cancel.”
- Pick any reason for canceling the subscription and click “continue to cancel“.
- You’ll have now to cancel your Hulu subscription from Android.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Hulu subscription cancel immediately?
If you cancel your Hulu subscription during the trial period, it will cancel immediately. But if you’re canceling during a billed month, the account will be active for the billed month.
Is there a Hulu cancellation fee?
No, Hulu does not include any cancellation fee.
Canceling Hulu cannot be such a problem unless you cancel it via your iOS or Android device. However, if you follow the steps meticulously, you can sort it without any glitches.
If you are in the middle of the trial period, the cancelation takes no time; however, if you cancel the subscription in the middle of the month, the decision will become active after the billed month is over. But here comes the good news, there are no cancellation charges, so you can cancel without worries.