It sounds like a party pooper, but it is okay if you are looking for ways how to cancel Netflix subscription in New Zealand.
There could be many reasons you want to cancel the subscription, with the top reason being that the password-sharing feature pulled back. Netflix received several backlashes, grunts, and groans as they put the axe on their favorite Netflix feature.
To make matters worse, the pricing will also increase, and there will be an ad-supported plan for the basic plan. Meanwhile, other services are not helping with great offers and amazing content. Hence people are beginning to cancel their Netflix subscriptions to try other services.
This discussion will tell you several ways to delete your Netflix account from your device. No matter what format of device you use, we have explained it all as you proceed to read.
Canceling Netflix Subscription | The Dilemma
Netflix may be easy to cancel, but oftentimes users forget after years which service they use for billing. Moreover, if you use the service on other applications and formats, you may end up going in circles if you do not know how to cancel Netflix subscription in New Zealand.
The trick is to look for a billing option and manage a subscription. This section will tell you everything you need to know about the way around canceling the subscription.
Here are a few detailed methods to cancel Netflix subscriptions on mainstream devices.
Cancel Netflix Subscription from Web Browser
You can use the browser from any device, whether it is a desktop or mobile browser. Follow these steps for easy cancelation:
- First, proceed to Netflix Website and log in to your Netflix account.
- As you log in on the homepage, you will find your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on the icon to open your Account
- Now click on Account Details to continue the cancelation
- Next, select Cancel Membership; you will find the selection in Membership & Billing section.
- The next page will show the date when your plan will end for the billing month.
- If you are sure about the cancelation, click Finish Cancelation to complete the process.
After you click on the last option, the service will take you to a survey page to ask for possible reasons to cancel the subscription.
Cancel Netflix on Android Phones and Tablet
Follow these steps to cancel Netflix on Android devices:
- First, go to Google Play Store.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner. You will see your initials on the icon.
- On the next page, you will find Payments & Subscriptions.
- Select Subscriptions.
- On the next slide, you will find all the subscriptions; select Netflix
- Confirm the cancelation.
Cancel Netflix Subscription on iPhone & iPad
If you follow these steps, you will continue to have glitch-free cancelation on your iPad and iPhone:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- You will find your name or initials on the setting page; proceed to click on the profile icon.
- Here in the options, you will find Subscriptions.
- The page will redirect you to the next page with a list of active subscriptions.
- Select Netflix, then proceed to Cancel Subscription.
Cancel Netflix Subscription from iTunes
Oftentimes, we subscribe to Netflix using iTunes and follow these steps to cancel the subscription:
- As you land on the homepage of iTunes, you will find Account
- Select View My Account in the collapse menu
- Now go down to Settings and click Manage in Subscriptions
- On the Subscriptions page, you will find Netflix. Select to continue to cancel.
Cancel Netflix Subscription from Amazon
If you got a Netflix subscription via Amazon, follow these steps to cancel the subscription:
- Go to the Memberships & Subscriptions page.
- Select Cancel Subscription on Netflix.
- Pick an option that best justifies the reason for cancelation.
Why am I being billed even after canceling my Netflix subscription?
Often the cancelation takes a day or more to process the request. It is best practice to cancel the subscription two to three days before the billing date. Account for the working and weekends too. In this way, you are safe even if there are delays in the cancelation request.
After you cancel the subscription, you will receive an email on your provided email confirming the cancelation. If you canceled way ahead of the billing date and haven’t received an email, it is best to contact Netflix Support so that they can check for glitches or issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I end automatic payments on Netflix?
If you wish to remove the payment method, go to manage and remove the payment method.
Why do I not see a cancelation option in my Netflix profile?
You may get billed on another service like iTunes or Comcast Xfinity. You will find more details in the billing information, and then you can cancel the subscription.
What is the period for reactivating the account?
Netflix maintains your profile, search history, and preferences for ten months. You will get the profile back if you return to activate it within ten months. If you activate your account after ten months, you must start a brand new one.
Is there a Netflix cancellation fee?
Canceling Netflix has no charges. Only be weary of when the next billing month starts.
How much is a Netflix subscription charge?
There are four plans:
- Basic with ads in 6.99 USD
- Basic 9.99 USD
- Standard 15.49 USD
- Premium 19.99 USD
Netflix is very effortless to cancel, even if you cancel the subscription from various formats. If you follow the instructions, you will successfully cancel the subscription.
You only need to be mindful of the billing cycle. If you only use the trial plan, cancel it before the subscription charges are deducted on the mentioned billing date.
The good news is there are no cancellation charges, so it’s best to take the service for the spin with its free plan.
For those who want to know how much Netflix costs in New Zealand, read our “Netflix Cost Guide“. Also, if you are interested in knowing how to get a Netflix free trial in New Zealand, read our “Netflix Free Trial Guide“.