Are you looking for ways how to cancel HBO Max subscription in New Zealand due to your travel plans or other life commitments?
We will tackle the subject and help you cancel the subscription without going into circles. It gets tricky cancelling subscriptions from certain devices. Read this guide so you can cancel the subscription of HBO Max in New Zealand with ease.
Remember, the service will try to lure you to continue using it by offering some discounts on the next round of subscriptions. But if you feel resolute in your decision, follow these steps.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription
You need to access the OTT platform to cancel the HBO Max subscription. To do that, use a reliable tool like ExpressVPN. Follow these simple steps to cancel your HBO Max subscription successfully:
- First, you need to get a subscription to a premium VPN service.
- Our recommendation is ExpressVPN due to its lightning-fast US servers
- Download the app on the device you plan to use.
- Initiate the VPN and look for a US-based server.
After you have changed the location, you can proceed to cancel the subscription by following these steps:
- To cancel the HBO Max subscription, go to your account and proceed to your profile.
- Next, click on the icon subscription.
- On the subscription page, you will find ‘manage subscription.’
- When you click on manage subscription, it will take you to another window with an option of ‘cancel subscription.’
- Now you will see the offer to lure you into a discounted subscription for the following months. Click on ‘continue to cancel.’
- The service will ask you to give a reason to cancel the subscription.
- Provide the reason for finishing the process and getting the subscription cancelled at last.
Note: For those who haven’t subscribed to HBO Max and are yet to decide whether they should take its subscription or not, read this “HBO Max free Trial Guide“. Also, check out the “HBO Max Cost Guide” to compare different pricing plans.
Cancelling HBO Max Subscription | the Dilemma
When you initiate the cancellation process, the service’s website will send more offers your way. The most common one is to get a great discount on the next 6 months of subscription.
It makes you rethink your decision whether you should continue to keep the subscription. If the intention of cancellation was to cut down on a budget for streaming services, the offer might have solved the problem for you.
But if you plan to travel for longer durations, the service is of no use to you, and cancellation seems like a wise decision.
It is important to note that the cancellation of a subscription can be slightly different on other devices.
Canceling Hulu or BBC iPlayer subscription is as complex as canceling an HBO Max subscription. Read these guides on how to cancel Hulu and BBC iPlayer subscriptions.
Cancelling Subscription on Your Mobile
- Look for HBO Max’s application on your phone, and click on it to proceed.
- In the bottom right corner, you will find the profile icon.
- In the next window, you will find the setting icon; click to go to the next window.
- Next, click on the billing information.
- This is where you may get a twist. If the next page says manage subscription icon, you can click on it to get the option to cancel the subscription. But if the page has an option ‘learn more,’ it will take you to a list of subscription provider’s pages. You can click on your providers to continue cancellation as explained by the provider.
Disclaimer: Deleting the application will not cancel the subscription. You should follow the steps mentioned above to cancel the subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription From Roku?
- Go to Roku’s home screen.
- Click the ‘Channel Store‘ menu.
- Now go to ‘Streaming Channels‘ and look for HBO Max in the list.
- Next, press the asterisk button (*) on Roku remote to get the dropdown menu.
- Select “Manage subscription,” and then “Cancel subscription.”
- You have successfully canceled your HBO Max subscription on Roku.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription From Phone?
Most users have the HBO Max application downloaded and use it mainly from their phones. Hence you need to delete the application from your Android or iOS device.
To cancel the subscription successfully from your iOS or Android device, follow these simple steps:
- Open the HBO Max application on your device.
- Go home and click on the profile icon. You will find this icon on the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Now click on the billing information.
- On the next page, if you see ‘Manage Subscription,’ click on it to go to the next page.
- You will see ‘Cancel Subscription,’ click on it to cancel the plan.
- But if you see ‘Learn More‘ instead of ‘Manage Subscription,’ you must cancel the subscription according to the provider’s protocols.
How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription From Amazon?
If you are getting billed on Amazon for HBO Max, you are required to cancel the subscription from your Amazon account.
- Go to Amazon.com and enter the credentials as prompted.
- Next, go to “Your Account” and click “Your Devices and Content.”
- Proceed to click on “Activity.”
- Now, go to “Manage App Store Subscriptions.”
- Select HBO Max, then click on the “Action” button.
- Now choose “Turn Off Auto-renewal,”> “Membership & Subscriptions,“> choose HBO Max.
- In the selection menu, select “Cancel Channel.”
- It gives a confirmation prompt; click “confirm.”
- You have canceled your HBO Max subscription from Amazon Pay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the HBO Max subscription cancel immediately?
If canceled during a billed month, the account will be active for the month; the cancellation will become active for the next month.
Is there an HBO Max cancellation fee?
There are no cancellation charges. You must only be vigilant to cancel the subscription before the next billing month starts.
How much is an HBO Max subscription charge?
HBO Max plans start from as low as 9.99 USD per month.
Canceling HBO Max can be a bit of a problem if you are cancelling it via other devices. But, if you follow the steps carefully, you can sort it without any glitches.
Remember if you are canceling the subscription in the middle of the trial period, the cancelation takes no time. But, if you cancel the subscription in the middle of the month, the cancellation will take place after the billed month is over.
However, there are no cancellation charges, so you can cancel without worries. Just plan ahead and cancel at least 24 hours before the billing date just to be sure.