This doesn’t look good for a person who resides in New Zealand. How can one decipher how to watch Paramount+ on Apple TV in New Zealand?
We all know Paramount+ is the home of entertainment for the average person. The streaming service is only available in the United States, which is one part of the problem.
Then there is the integration of streaming services on Apple TV, too!
Well, I have not taken no for an answer when the internet is full of solutions and ideas. Join me as I decipher this anomaly.
How to Watch Paramount+ on Apple TV – 3 Easy Methods
You can select what works best for you. But if you are clueless at this point, read on as I clear the ambiguity.
- Use VPN via AirPlay
- Integrate VPN with the router
- Configure VPN via SmartDNS on Apple TV
Method 1 – Use VPN via AirPlay
If you follow these steps. You can integrate Apple TV using AirPlay:
- To solve all problems, you would need a reliable VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN
- Download and install the application on iPhone, iPad or Mac
- Log in using credentials on the VPN application
- Once logged in, look for US servers.
- Search for the series you intend to watch and play
- Select to watch it on AirPlay
- Make sure that both devices and AirPlay are connected to the same router.
- On Apple TV, select the device for AirPlay
- Select Screen Mirror and then click on Apple TV to stream Paramount+
Method 2 – Integrate VPN with Router
- On the router dashboard, type: 192.168.1.1
- Select Services > VPN
- Select ‘Start Open VPN Client.’
- Now, sign up for DDNS using the Dynamic DNS setting. You will find the settings in only a handle VPN service such as ExpressVPN.
- Go back to settings and download the configured files.
Method 3 – Configure VPN via SmartDNS on Apple TV
It is lengthy, but I am explaining how to go about it in meticulous steps:
- First, go to www.expressvpn.com. I like ExpressVPN for its amiable settings.
- Next, continue to My Account > DNS Settings.
- Select Register My IP Address. You will find the option under IP address registration.
- If your IP address has been previously registered, proceed to the next step.
- Click to enable Automatically Register My IP Address.
- Continue to settings.
- Go to Dashboard> Set Up Other Devices.
- Select Apple TV. It should be on the list of devices.
- Now, you will find the Media Streamer DNS IP address on the screen.
- Continue to Apple TV settings and click on the Network tab.
- Select Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Network.
- Scroll until you see Configure DNS, and select Manual.
- Enter MediaStreamer IP address and click Done.
- Restart Apple TV and launch.
- Look for the Paramount+ application.
- Log in using the credentials.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Compatible Apple TVs to Watch Paramount+
You can watch Paramount+ on Apple TV with Apple TV 4K, HD, and 3rd generation and over.
Other Compatible Paramount+ TV Devices
Besides Apple TV, there are other compatible devices for Paramount+:
- Android TV
- LG Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Fire TV
- Google TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- VIZIO Smart TV
Paramount+ TV Prices & Plans
- Paramount+ Essential – 5.99 USD/month, 10.30 NZD
- Paramount+ with SHOWTIME – 11.99 USD/month, 20.60 NZD
What Can I Watch on Paramount+ on Apple TV in New Zealand?
- Colin From Accounts
- Lawmen: Bass Reeves
- Ink Master
- Special Ops: Lioness
- A Royal Night Out
- Akeelah and the Bee
- American Graffiti
- Bend it like Beckham
- Chocolate City
- Citizen Ruth
- Dead Impact
- District 9
- Fear the Night
- Getting Even with Dad
- Into the Wild
- The Host
- The Wings of the Dove
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch Paramount+ on Apple TV in New Zealand?
Yes, it is quite possible. You need to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN and change some settings, as mentioned in the blog.
Which Apple TV versions support Paramount+?
The Apple TV versions that support Paramount+ are Apple TV 4K, HD, and 3rd generation and over.
Why is Paramount+ not working on the Apple TV?
It can be due to one of the following reasons:
- Restart the Apple TV
- Check if the application is updated
- Check if subscriptions are paid
- Restart the router
- Delete and re-install the Paramount+ app
Paramount+ is a great channel for anyone to have in their home. It tackles much of entertainment, sports, and reality TV and then sprinkles news. Something for everyone in the home.
An average American spends much of their time on Paramount+. But a New Zealander feels deprived of the streaming service due to content licensing and geo-restrictions.
The IP address gives way, and the streaming service blocks you from accessing the service. Our only savior is a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
Once the IP address is changed and with the detailed guide, you can integrate Apple TV with Paramount+ and watch the service in New Zealand.