We have a loaded question – how to get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in New Zealand?
To achieve this accomplishment, you need to tweak several settings, IP addresses, and device settings. But when you have us, we will make this painstakingly elaborate process broken into easy-to-manage steps.
BBC iPlayer is available only in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and some English regions. Hence, when trying to get it in New Zealand, you will meet a dead end. But this doesn’t mean you give up on all the content available on BBC iPlayer.
Once you have solved the problem involving getting BBC iPlayer, you need to on the way to sort out how to get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in New Zealand.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV – 3 Easy Methods
Here is how you can pick a method of your choice to get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV:
- Use VPN via AirPlay
- Integrate VPN with the router
- Configure VPN via SmartDNS on Apple TV
Method 1 – Use VPN via AirPlay
- For this method, you need a dependable and secure VPN subscription.
- We recommend ExpressVPN. Install it on iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- Log in with your credentials
- After you have logged in, look for UK servers, ideally London, Ireland, or Birmingham.
- On your BBC iPlayer application, select the video you plan to watch
- Select to watch it on AirPlay
- Ensure your device and Apple TV is configured on the same router.
- On Apple TV, select the device that is set for AirPlay
- Click Screen Mirror and select Apple TV to stream BBC iPlayer on Apple TV
Method 2 – Integrate VPN with Router
- On the router’s dashboard, type 192.168.1.1
- Select Services > VPN.
- Enable Start Open VPN Client.
- Sign up for DDNS using Dynamic DNS Setting. The service is available in a few VPN services like ExpressVPN.
- Back to settings, and download the configured files.
Method 3 – Configure VPN via SmartDNS on Apple TV
If you use this method, it will work with VPN services offering Smart DNS. We are using ExpressVPN.
- Go to expressvpn.com.
- Next, proceed to My Account > DNS Settings.
- Select Register My IP Address. The option is under IP address registration.
- In case your IP address is already registered, continue to the next step.
- Enable Automatically Register My IP Address.
- Continue to settings.
- Go to Dashboard> Set Up Other Devices.
- Select Apple TV from the list of devices.
- You will come across Media Streamer DNS IP address materialized on the screen.
- Proceed to Apple TV settings and select the Network tab.
- Select Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Network.
- Scroll until you see Configure DNS, and select Manual.
- Enter MediaStreamer IP address and click Done.
- Restart Apple TV and launch.
- Look for the BBCiPlayer application.
- Log in using the credentials.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Compatible Apple TVs to Watch BBC iPlayer
If you want to get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV, you need 4th generation Apple TV devices and later.
Other Compatible BBC iPlayer Devices
Besides Apple TV, there are other compatible and certified devices for BBC iPlayer:
- Android devices
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- LG TV
- Bang & Olufsen
- Nintendo Switch
- PC and Mac browsers & applications
- Samsung TV
Besides these devices, you can check other devices on the BBC iPlayer website for the complete list.
BBC iPlayer Prices and Plans
If you are using VPN and change the IP address to region-friendly IP, you can watch the BBC iPlayer and other BBC services for free. Other services include:
- BBC One
- BBC Two
- BBC Three
- BBC Four
- BBC Radio
- BBC Sport
There are various other services that have programs specified for music, TV, news, Sports, entertainment, etc. It’s best to check the BBC’s website for a complete list of services.
What Can I Watch on BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in New Zealand?
There is so much you can watch on BBC iPlayer. Here are some of the trending titles in 2023:
- Best Interests
- Queen of Oz
- Man Like Mobeen
- A Wright Family Holiday
- Lionel Messi: Destiny
- We Love Glastonbury
- Elizabeth Is Missing
- The Gallows Pole
- Later… With Jools Holland
- Gods of Tennis
- Scandalous: Phone Hacking on Trial
- George Michael: Live In London
- Africa Rising
- Unreal! With Olivia Neill
- Black Ops
- Doctor Who
- The Night Manager
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in New Zealand?
It is achievable; you can watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in New Zealand. You would need a subscription to a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN and alter some settings.
Which Apple TV versions support BBC iPlayer?
The Apple TV devices with the 4th generation and later are compatible to use with BBC iPlayer.
Why is BBC iPlayer not working on my Apple TV?
It can be due to one of the following reasons:
- Restart the Apple TV
- Check if the application is updated
- Restart the router
- Delete and re-install the BBC iPlayer app
BBC iPlayer has a great content line-up, which you cannot find on Netflix, HBO Max, or Hulu. The uniqueness of Brit humor and culture is melancholic for ex-pats too.
Hence, when trying to get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in New Zealand, you get flustered due to dead ends.
You can solve many problems with the selection of a smart VPN service. A VPN service that has smart DNS settings solves half your problems. We use ExpressVPN as it has all the features required, great security, and amazing speed at a mind-boggling price.
You can pick one of the three methods that work for you to configure Apple TV settings. This is another tricky jam, but one of the methods mentioned above will sort this problem for you.
After this is sorted, you are all set and know how to get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in New Zealand.