If you are here, you are a Kiwi looking for ways to get American Netflix on Apple TV in New Zealand.
We know how agitating it is for us New Zealanders to get American Netflix. And if you are using Apple TV at your home, the integration of Apple TV with American Netflix is another hoop to jump.
You may wonder why there is a need for American Netflix when we have Netflix available in New Zealand. Well, American Netflix is home to a huge content library, among many others.
Singapore and Slovakia may have more content, but the foreign language series and movies are useless to us; hence we propel towards Netflix USA with a bigger content library than any other English-speaking region.
In this read, we will explain everything so you can sort out how to get American Netflix on Apple TV in New Zealand.
Watch American Netflix on Apple TV – 3 Methods
In our quest, we found there are three methods you can use to get American Netflix on an Apple TV device.
- Using VPN through AirPlay
- Configure VPN on a physical router
- Set up VPN via Smart DNS on Apple TV
Method 1 – Using VPN Through AirPlay
- To begin, you need a reliable VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Install it on Mac, iPad, or iPhone
- Log in using your credentials
- Look for US servers
- Now go to the Netflix application and select the video, movie, or series you wish to watch on AirPlay.
- For the next step, your Apple TV and selected device are configured on the same router.
- Now click on Screen Mirror on the device and select your Apple TV to stream American Netflix on Apple TV.
Method 2 – Configure VPN on Physical Router
- First, go to the router’s Dashboard and enter 192.168.1.1 in the browser
- Next, click Services > VPN
- Check to enable Start Open VPN Client
- Sign up for DDNS accounts via Dynamic DNS Settings, offered by some VPN services. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Return to settings, and download the configuration files.
Method 3 – Set up VPN via Smart DNS on Apple TV
Select a VPN service that offers the setup to set up Smart DNS. We recommend ExpressVPN, as setting up Smart DNS through this VPN service is extremely easy.
Follow these steps to successfully set up Smart DNS on Apple TV:
- Go to expressvpn.com.
- Click on My Account > DNS Settings.
- Select Register My IP Address. You will find it under IP address registration. If your IP address is already registered, proceed to the next step.
- Enable the option Automatically Register My IP Address.
- Proceed to the settings. Go to Dashboard> Set Up Other Devices.
- Select Apple TV from the list of devices.
- You will find Media Streamer DNS IP address has appeared on the screen.
- Now go o Apple TV settings and click on the Network tab.
- Select Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Network.
- Now scroll until you see Configure DNS, and select Manual.
- Enter MediaStreamer IP address and click Done.
- Restart Apple TV and launch.
- Look for the Netflix application and log in using the credentials to log in to American Netflix.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Compatible Apple TVs to Watch American Netflix
Netflix can be streamed on Apple TV 2nd generation and later. However, you require a fast internet connection for high-definition videos.
Other Compatible American Netflix Devices
Besides Apple TV, there are other compatible devices you can use to integrate American Netflix:
- Android devices
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- PC and Mac browsers & applications
- Samsung TV
- Xfinity TV Box
American Netflix Prices and Plans
- Netflix Basic with ads – Price in USD 6.99, NZD 12.99
- Netflix Basic – Price in USD 9.99, NZD 12.99
- Netflix Standard – Price in USD 15.49, NZD 18.49
- Netflix Premium – Price in USD 19.99, NZD 24.99
Disclaimer: Prices change according to conversion rates or service providers.
What Can I Watch on American Netflix on Apple TV in New Zealand?
There are classics, new, and Netflix Originals to watch. Here are some titles from the library:
Series on American Netflix
- Ginny and Georgia – season 2
- Fauda – season 4
- Pressure Cooker
- Lockwood & Co.
- Workin’ Moms – season 7
- You – season 4
- Indian Matchmaking
- Firefly Lane
- Queen Charlotte: A Bridgeton Story
- XO, Kitty
- Manifest – Season 4
Movies on American Netflix
- Dog Gone
- You People
- Your Place or Mine
- Luther: The Fallen Sun
- The Magician’s Elephant
- Murder Mystery 2
- The Mother
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch American Netflix on Apple TV in New Zealand?
It is possible. You would require a subscription to a VPN service like ExpressVPN and tweak some settings.
Which Apple TV versions support American Netflix?
All devices above the second generation support American Netflix.
Why is American Netflix not working on my Apple TV?
There are various reasons, such as:
- Restart the Apple TV
- Check if the application is updated
- Restart the router
- Delete and re-install the American Netflix app
Can you imagine being unable to watch You, Queen Charlotte: A Bridgeton Story, Ginny, and Georgia, Manifest’s new season? I guess not; everyone talks about them, and we cannot be left out in the unknown.
It is time to figure out how to get American Netflix on Apple TV in New Zealand. American Netflix has most Hollywood titles, new series, and next-day release luxuries.
Netflix New Zealand is also decent, but there is no promise of instant releases, plus the content library is smaller than American Netflix.
If you have an ExpressVPN plan, you can access American Netflix by altering the IP address. Also, the MediaStreamer technology enables you to use Smart DNS settings which helps configure setting on Apple TV.
After it is all sorted, you can get American Netflix on Apple TV in New Zealand and never feel left out again.