Now that you have subscribed to Hulu in New Zealand, you want to integrate it into the Apple TV. It sounds like too much work, but with the steps clearly laid out, you can watch Hulu on Apple TV in New Zealand in no time.
Hulu is not available in any country outside the USA. It is a bummer, but if we use some tools to our advantage, we can stream Hulu in New Zealand.
- Watch Hulu on Apple TV – 3 Methods
- How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV Using AirPlay
- Step-by-step Guide to Watch Hulu on Apple TV
- How to Stream Hulu on Apple TV
- Configuring Apple TV DNS
- Compatible Apple TVs to Watch Hulu
- Hulu Prices and Plans
- What Can I Watch on Hulu on Apple TV in New Zealand?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Parting Thoughts
Watch Hulu on Apple TV – 3 Methods
To watch Hulu on Apple TV, you can use one of these methods:
- Cast Hulu on AirPlay
- Configure VPN on the wireless router
- SmartDNS proxy on Apple TV
How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV Using AirPlay
It is a great method; you do not need a router to access the streaming services. To watch Hulu on Apple TV in New Zealand, follow these steps:
- Log in/register on a VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Install the Apple TV VPN app on your device
- Sign in using the credentials
- Connect to VPN servers and look for US servers
- Launch the Hulu application
Play any video and check if Apple TV and iOS devices are on the same WiFi network. Click on Screen Mirror on your iOS device and select Apple TV you need to connect. Now you can stream Hulu on Apple TV using Airplay in New Zealand.
Step-by-step Guide to Watch Hulu on Apple TV
We already know this unfortunate detail, “You cannot access Hulu in New Zealand,” so we would begin by changing the IP address. Follow these steps to watch Hulu on Apple TV in New Zealand:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Download the application to access US servers
- Launch Apple TV and log in using your Apple ID
- Proceed to Apple Store and search for Hulu
- Download the Hulu application, and sign in using your credentials
- Now you can stream Hulu on Apple TV in New Zealand
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
How to Stream Hulu on Apple TV
There are some settings you need to tweak in order to access Hulu on Apple TV. Follow these quick steps and change settings as suggested:
- Get a VPN plan. We like ExpressVPN for its MediaStreamer technology
- Download and install the application
- Go to the application’s DNS Settings and sign in using your credentials
- In IP address registration, click on Register My IP Address.
- Toggle to enable automatically registering the IP address
- Now proceed to set up a page and get MediaStreamer DNS IP address
- Once the hostname is assigned, set up MediaStreamer on Apple TV
Configuring Apple TV DNS
Go to the setting of Apple TV:
- Click on Network > select your connected network in the WiFi tab
- Look for Configure DNS option
- Select Manual to enter your MediaStreamer DNS IP Address
- Restart the Apple TV
- Visit Apple TV App Store
- Look for Hulu Application, click Get
- Log in to the application using the credentials
Now you can stream Hulu on your Apple TV in New Zealand
Compatible Apple TVs to Watch Hulu
These are the Apple TVs that support Hulu:
- Apple TV 4K
- Apple TV – 4th generation
Hulu is not supported on the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st generation of Apple TV. These are older models, and after the recent update, you cannot use Apple TV on the following versions.
Other Compatible Hulu Devices
Besides Apple TV, there are other compatible devices you can use to integrate Hulu:
- Android devices
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- iOS Devices
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- PC and Mac browsers & applications
- Samsung TV
- Xfinity TV Box
Hulu Prices and Plans
The list of prices to subscribe to Hulu for Apple TV in New Zealand:
- Hulu with ads – 8 USD/ 12.75 NZD
- Hulu without ads – 15 USD/ 23.90 NZD
- Hulu Basic + Live TV with Disney + ESPN (with ads) – 70 USD / 111.55 NZD
- Hulu+ Live TV with Disney + ESPN (without ads) – 83 USD/ 132.27 NZD
What Can I Watch on Hulu on Apple TV in New Zealand?
There are classics, new, and Hulu Originals always added to the content library. Here are some titles from the library:
Series on Hulu
- Better Things
- Fleishman is in Trouble
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Only Murders in the Building
- Poker Face
- Schitt’s Creek
- The Bear
- The Great
- The Patient
- This Fool
- Tiny Beautiful Things
Movies on Hulu
- Boston Strangler
- Darby and the Dead
- Gone in the Night
- Moulin Rouge
- Rye Lane
- The Hunger Games
- Triangle of Sadness
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch Hulu on Apple TV?
Yes, it is possible. Mostly, the Hulu App is pre-installed on Apple TV. You can download it from the App Store if it’s not downloaded.
Which Apple TV versions support Hulu?
All devices above the fourth generation support Hulu. Another below 4th generation doesn’t support Hulu.
Why is Hulu not working on my Apple TV?
There are various reasons, such as:
- Restart the Apple TV
- Check if the application is updated
- Restart the router
- Delete and re-install the Hulu app
Hulu is an important channel on your TV as it keeps shuffling the library with new content and Hulu Originals. Hulu Originals are nothing but stunners, and then who cannot watch the reruns of The Office and The Handmaid’s Tales any day? Hence it is important that you can get Hulu on Apple TV.
The settings in the Apple TV aren’t forthcoming originally, but there are some changes you can make to get Hulu on Apple TV. To add to the trouble, being in New Zealand gives you more hoops to jump.
The streaming service is only available in New Zealand; therefore, you need to get a plan with VPN, such as ExpressVPN, which sorts out both problems. ExpressVPN helps you access the geo-restricted content and sorts the setting that otherwise is in the way of getting Hulu on Apple TV in New Zealand.