It minds boggling in times like this if you cannot use Roku or Peacock TV. We understand the exasperation you may be facing because you cannot figure out how to get Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand.
Indeed, it is a loaded query. The answer is one long road, detailed method!
We have the solution to all your problems in getting Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand. And we can sort out the following:
- How to get Peacock TV in New Zealand
- Configure Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand.
You must tag along and follow all the steps we mention below. If you follow all the instructions to the T without missing a step or losing your cool, you will have this sorted in no time. So let’s begin to figure out how to get Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand.
Are you ready by the end of this read, you will have Peacock TV unlocked and a lot of content to watch!
- How to Watch Peacock on Roku in New Zealand | Quick Steps
- How to Set Up Roku Account in New Zealand
- Set Up VPN on Roku in New Zealand to Watch Peacock
- How to Set Up VPN to Watch Peacock on Roku via Virtual Router
- How to Set Up VPN on Home Router to Watch Peacock on Roku in New Zealand?
- Why Do You Need VPN to Watch Peacock on Roku?
- How Can I Watch Peacock on an Older Device?
- Compatible Roku Devices for Peacock
- Non-compatible Roku Devices for Peacock
- Roku TV Models Support Peacock
- Why is Peacock TV Not Working on Roku
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Watch Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand | Quick Steps
It is a simple three-step method:
- You would be required to get a VPN plan
- Create a Roku account
- Then configure Peacock TV on Roku
You can trust us, as we are pro at this and have configured many streaming services with the toughest security protocols.
In our pursuit to unlock geo-restricted streaming services, we tried and tested various VPN services and applications but found ExpressVPN the best among the rest. The service is trusted on platforms such as Tom’s Guide, Tech Radar, PC Mag, and Tech Crunch.
ExpressVPN has smart DNS technology, great for virtual router setup, integration to various software formats, and flawless security. We recommend you subscribe to the service so we can proceed to set up a Roku account.
How to Set Up Roku Account in New Zealand
To set up Roku without any hiccups, follow these steps:
- First, you must download and install the VPN application. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Now proceed to the device’s settings and change the location
- Go to the browser and type: https://my.roku.com/index
- Create an account
- Choose a payment method; you can select options for credit cards and PayPal.
- On the next screen, you will be asked for the postcode/zip code. You can get any zip code from this website.
- Save all changes and restart the device
- Look for Peacock TV in the list of channels.
- Click on Peacock TV to add it to your list of channels.
- After you have finished installing the application, we need to set up Roku TV with VPN.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Set Up VPN on Roku in New Zealand to Watch Peacock
There are three ways to do this:
- Integrating the virtual router using pc/laptop – we recommend this method
- Integrating the home router and integrating with Roku – this is feasible
- Integrating Smart DNS to integrate VPN with Roku – this is outdated on various new devices
How to Set Up VPN to Watch Peacock TV on Roku via Virtual Router
This is the effortless and most suggested method to set up Roku on a virtual router to watch Peacock TV in New Zealand using a laptop or PC.
Here is how you can do it:
- First of all, you need to get a VPN application on your laptop or PC. We always recommend ExpressVPN.
- Head to Internet settings, and click on Open Network & Internet Settings.
- Look for Mobile Hotspot. Click on it to turn it on.
- On the next screen, select Status, and then Change Adaptor Options.
- Next, select ExpressVPN, Tap Adaptor, and click on Properties.
- Time to select Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection. Check the box to select this option.
- Look for the hotspot connection you created in the dropdown menu, and click Ok.
- Here you will find a new hotspot connection.
- Initiate the VPN application on your device.
- Power on the Roku device, and go to network settings. Network > set up connection > Wireless.
- Click on the hotspot connection you created on your device.
After the device is integrated with the internet, proceed to Peacock TV and stream the content you missed for being in New Zealand.
After the recent updates, NordVPN and ExpressVPN don’t have L2TP & PPTP, IP security protocols. They are weak protocols but crucial for virtual router setup.
Nevertheless, you can use PrivateVPN to configure a virtual router on Mac and watch Peacock TV on Roku.
Here is how you can set up the VPN to stream Peacock TV in New Zealand on Roku using a virtual router on your Mac PC or laptop:
- Download and install the VPN application. PrivateVPN would work for this problem.
- On the PrivateVPN website, proceed to My Account. It is on the top menu.
- Log in using your credentials and sign in.
- Click on Manual Config > PPTP & L2TP – IPsec
- You will see the username, password, and server location
- Click on Apple Menu > System Settings > VPN; you will find it as you scroll down.
- Next, select add VPN configuration > L2TP over IPsec
- On the next screen, you will be asked for the following information:
- Display Name: PrivateVPN Virtual Router
- Configuration: Default
- Server Address: Return to the PrivateVPN website, copy any US server address, and paste it.
- Account Name: Copy the username from the PrivateVPN website and paste it.
- User Authentication: Copy the password from the PrivateVPN website and paste it.
- Shared Secret: 12345678
- Click on the “Option” and check the box “Send all traffic over VPN connection.”
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Connect to the VPN connection you have just created with your Roku device.
Now you can sign up with your US Roku account and stream Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand.
How to Set Up VPN on Home Router to Watch Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand?
For this setup, we can use ExpressVPN. In case you are using Asus, Linksys, or Netgear, you can use these guides to install ExpressVPN on the home router to get Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand:
For Linksys Routers:
For Asus Routers:
For Netgear Routers:
For Manual Router Configuration:
Why Do You Need VPN to Watch Peacock TV on Roku?
Peacock TV is a US-based streaming service with a content lineup that makes consumers swoon for the deficit. Due to copyright and licenses, the content of Peacock is limited to the US only.
If you are an ex-pat or travelling in New Zealand, you cannot just log in on Peacock’s streaming service. The culprit here is the IP address.
For every website or application of streaming service, the user is assessed based on the IP address on accessing the service.
You do not get entry to the service when you access any outside New Zealand website with a Kiwi IP address. The website only lets the US IP address on the service.
It all queues to one problem; we need to change the IP address. A VPN can help us manage the change. Now we proceed to change the IP address and make it appear as a US IP address.
Once this hurdle is taken care of, you can access Peacock TV from your home in New Zealand with a changed IP address.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
How Can I Watch Peacock TV on an Older Device?
Roku’s old devices are incompatible with a recent version of Peacock TV applications. If you are using the accurate version of the app or device, there is no chance of buffering and freezing during the service.
- Using your Roku remote, look for Streaming Channels > Search Channel > Peacock TV.
- Next, select Peacock TV > Add Channel > Ok.
- Click Go to Channel > Sign up to watch for free or sign in
- There is another way. Go to the Roku channel store in the device’s browser, and look for Peacock TV > Details > Add Channel.
Compatible Roku Devices for Peacock TV
It is best to update the Roku device to OS 11 or higher to attune with streaming applications. Here is the list of Roku devices that work fine with Peacock:
- Roku 2 – 4210X model only
- Roku 3 – model 4200X or later
- Roku 4 – model 4200X or later
- Roku Streaming Stick – model 3600X or later
- Roku Express/Express+ – model 3900X or later
- Roku Premiere/Premiere+ – model 3920X or later
- Roku Ultra/Ultra LT – model 4640X or later
- Roku TV & Smart Soundbar – model 5000X or later
Non-compatible Roku Devices for Peacock TV
Here are the devices that are not compatible with Roku when watching Peacock TV:
- Roku 2050X, 2100X, 2000C, HD Player, SD Player, XR Player, XD Player
- Roku N1000, N1050, HD, 2000C
- Roku 25000X, 24000X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X, SE
- Roku LT, 2 HD, 2 XD, 2 XS, 1 HD, 1 XD, 1 XS
Roku TV Models Support Peacock
- Android Devices
Why is Peacock TV Not Working on Roku
It often happens that Peacock TV may not work on Roku. Several small things could be the reason why Peacock TV is not working on Roku:
- Internet could be patchy: check if the internet connection is stable. Only a good internet connection can facilitate you to stream the application. You can also check internet speed from websites to test and check the internet speed.
- Updates: This is one of the reasons why apps start acting weirdly. Often, the device does not install the patches and updates as the new update rolls out. It could be due to the settings which don’t enable auto-updates. Ensure that your device installs the new updates automatically; otherwise, you can do it manually.
- Restart: this may sound weird, but occasionally a simple restarting of the device solves all problems.
- Delete those caches: Oftentimes, when the internet is slow, those bad caches could be the reason Roku is not working now. By deleting the caches, you can resolve the problem.
- Lastly: when nothing works, a factory reset helps. It should not be a routine thing, though.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of a Peacock TV subscription?
If you get the plan with ads, it is 4.99 USD and 7.99 NZD per month. But if you upgrade to the no ads, premium plus plan, it costs 9.99 USD and 15.99 NZD per month.
Why can’t I use Peacock TV on Roku?
To stream Peacock TV on Roku, you must have the latest version of both applications, Peacock TV and ExpressVPN, and the working OS of Roku for the application. Everything is explained in detail in the blog.
How to update my Roku device to get Peacock?
To get Peacock TV on a Roku device, follow these steps to update:
- Press the Home button
- Go to Settings
- Click on System > System Updates
- Select Download if there are new updates available
Why is Peacock TV not available on my Roku in New Zealand?
Peacock TV is available for users residing in the USA. They have a US IP address, which enables them to watch the service in the country. Outside the USA, you can buy a plan for a reliable VPN service to change your IP address and watch Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand.
Roku is a crucial entertainment center for many homes. It facilitates you to manage everything in one set-top box.
The great thing about the Roku device is it integrates all the streaming services on Roku devices in New Zealand. Correspondingly, using a VPN like ExpressVPN, you can access streaming services like Peacock TV and incorporate them into a Roku device.
Getting Peacock TV on Roku in New Zealand may require work, but once it’s done, you can enjoy all the content from your home in New Zealand.
Once you have accessed Peacock, you can get watch shows like Flamin’ Hot, Angelyne, Fresh Prince, New Girl, and Poker Face from your home in New Zealand.